Network Engineer（Customer Support）
【Scope of work / Key objectives / Primary Purpose】
1. Support and operate day-to-day overall operations of the ISP team.
2. Report to team lead/manager regarding the ISP operations, including system outages, customer’s issues/problems, etc.
3. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering & Operation Division. Provide Helpdesk Operation support to wide range of its services for datacenter, ISP, System Integration and network customers.
4. Ensure that all incidents reported are categorized and escalated efficiently and correctly.
5. Experience in Network infrastructure and ICT operation management is a requirement.
【Core Duties and Responsibilities】
- Identify and implement improvements to the ISP Japanese support operations.
- Ensure IT governance and good IT management in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all incidents reported are categorized and escalated efficiently and correctly.
- Liaise with the relevant tier 2 teams to ensure any incidents that cannot be resolved at the 1st level are appropriately escalated.
- Incident management, 1st level trouble isolation (Onsite work if required), monitoring trouble ticket, basic hands-on troubleshooting, carrier control (carrier escalation).
- Escalate to assigned Service Manager and Account Manager when necessary, ｕpdate customer periodically (Send notifications mails/calls to affected customer site).
- Prepare incident report, prepare monthly network/device available report.
- Operation and maintenance support to Data Center managed products and services.
- Ensure that service levels are achieved in line with contracts and that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manage critical customer incidents, associated to customer communication, activities and any appropriate escalations.
- Provide information about incidents analysis and KPIs.
- Ensure that the ISP team’s KPIs are monitored, actions are taken, evaluated accordingly and delegated properly.
- Meet ISP goals and KPIs as set by the line manager.
- To contribute in ISP review performance reports, service improvements, service quality and processes.
- Actively join ISP team to participates in improving the usability and reliability of company services.
- Ensure that practices and processes exist and are standardized in ISP operations.
- Identify and implement improvements to ISP incident logging system in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers.
【Qualification Requirements / Experience (relevant skills)】
- Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or technical discipline
- More than 3-year relevant experience preferably working in Data Center /Network Operation Center environment.
- Equipped with technical knowledge in support areas such as networking, Windows desktop system support, MS Outlook and Wintel systems management.
- Hands-on experience in administration of Cisco routers on basic service such as, NAT, Bandwidth management (bandwidth policies) and routing etc. Preferred knowledge in LAN/WAN technology (TCP/IP, FR, MPLS, ATM, etc).
- Basic administration experience in system server (Unix/Linux). Knowledge in security solution like Firewall, IPS/IDS and Antivirus, Proxy etc is preferred.
- Relevant technical certification preferred (CCNA).
【Job Role Competencies】
1. Proficient in Japanese and English to communicate in/out of office.
2. Excellent interpersonal, communication, team working and analytical skills.
3. ITIL knowledge is highly appreciated
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
RGF Talent Solutions Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Licence No: 10C2978)
71 Robinson Road #05-04, Singapore 068895
Tel: +65-6221-7437 Fax: +65-6221-2021